Monday, March 20, 2006

Film Cement and The Mix

The Mix Manchester was a new fortnightly lifestyle and listings magazine for Manchester, UK. Covering film, art, music, theatre, literature, comedy, gay, and nightlife listings, the magazine contains a vibrant mix of reviews, previews and features. It was distributed throughout Manchester by WH Smith Distribution.

I say was, maybe it still is. Last week the publishers and editors parted company. The publishers are planning on continuing The Mix, and the editors may put together their own mag. As editor of the film section I'm not sure where I fall in all this, but while it is all in the balance and it looks as though Issue 3 may not be released I thought it would be good to publish the contents of the film section from all the issues. The writers worked hard and there were some ace contributions that deserve to be read. Copyright is owned by the contributors and no reviews remain under embargo.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I don't really have time to start something new, so it may just exist for a while as an archive. Alternatively if the writers want to continue, I'm happy to keep posting reviews and features up...

No comments: